From September 2013 until 2020 the government is giving £150 million per annum to primary schools to improve the provision of physical education within school, creating more opportunities for competitive sport for all and increasing awareness of healthy living and well-being amongst pupils.
The money is given by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport (through Sport England). In 2017, the government decided to double the amount of sports premium funding each school is to receive meaning that they now receive approximately £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Estimated allocation for the current year (2019-2020): £17,300
- PE Partners – Providing CPD for staff, extra-curricular clubs and the implementation of whole school assessment tool
- Spiral PE curriculum – we are investing in PE Partners’ extensive PE curriculum
- Resources for P.E lessons and after school clubs
- Competition costs for a range of sports and organising staffing to accompany teams going to these competitions
- Training for our PE leader
- Transport to ensure we can take children to external competitions
- Playground equipment
Click on the link below to discover more about how we utilize our sports funding: