Useful details about how we use pupil information.
The categories of pupil information that we process include:
- personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as name, unique pupil number, contact details and address)
- characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, and free school meal eligibility)
- safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- special educational needs (including the needs and ranking)
- medical and administration (such as doctor’s information, child health, dental health, allergies, medication and dietary requirements)
- attendance (such as sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons and any previous schools attended)
- assessment and attainment (such as key stage 1 and phonics results, and any other relevant results)
- behavioural information (such as exclusion and any relevant alternative provision put in place)
See also below regarding photography and film.
Keeping hold of information
Please see our Data Retention schedule (click on link) which outlines how long we are required to keep records. All time frames are set by best practice guidelines.
Use of photography and film
When your child starts with KSA Primary, we ask you to complete a pack of forms. One of our forms covers whether children can be included in School photographs or short films (for example of a dance routine). These are used in a variety of ways:
- On the website and/or social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- In press releases (i.e. to Yorkshire Post etc.)
- To advertise our School and open days (i.e. banners, leaflets, adverts in magazines or online etc.)
- To showcase achievements (i.e. sport tournament winners – these can often be on the tournament organiser’s own social media or websites)
- As part of our class or School newsletters that are sent home in book bags and uploaded to our websites
- In classrooms on displays and in workbooks
- On pupil record management systems that are used by all schools to hold personal details such as parent/carer contact details, allergies, address etc.
An up-to-date list is kept of all children who cannot be photographed/filmed and class teachers kept informed. From time to time, parents/carers and/or children change their minds and ask if their child can be included. This is absolutely fine, as it is to alternatively ask that they are no longer included. Please let the School Office know.
As a rule, we do not include names where photographs/films are used. On the odd occasion where we would like to (for example to celebrate an achievement in the School newsletter), we will first ask for permission.
For more information on our Data Protection and GDPR-related ways of working, please visit our Policy page.
If you have a query about any of our online content, please contact the School Office who will be happy to help.
To find out more about protecting your own data, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):