Applying for your child’s first school can be a daunting task. Here’s why we think you should consider us:
- Everyone is welcome, regardless of religion, race, gender, physical ability or special education needs
- Friendly, happy and well-behaved children
- Passionate teachers who want to provide the best for every child
- End of year Key Stage 1 results beat the national average
- Small class sizes meaning more individual attention
- Fantastic facilities – both inside and out
- Breakfast club, after school care and clubs, school transport
- Caring support staff who go the extra mile to make sure families have what they need
So, how do you apply?
The council will contact you to start the process off. This usually takes place in October of the year before your child is due to start school. It’s therefore a good idea to plan attending Open Days to get to know what is on offer in your area.
You can apply via a paper form or online. Using the online system will give you more access to information and enable you to see any changes you have made or allocations/comments from the Council.
If the council do not contact you, you can call them on 0113 222 4414 or write to them at
Primary Admissions, PO Box 837, Leeds, LS1 9PZ
Where to start…
The council should also provide you with the name of the school/s nearest to you. This gives you a good a starting point for signing up for Open Days.
Applying for a Reception place through Leeds City Council
If you live in Leeds and are applying for a Reception place for your child to start School in September, the Council’s website provides the details you need.
If you do not live in Leeds but are moving here and your child will be school age for the September when you have moved, you would apply through the Council where you currently live but let them know that you are moving. If you are unsure, please call our School Office on 0113 887 3680 and we will help you.
Applying for a place at KSA Primary outside of the initial application process for Reception places
If for example you move to Leeds from another city or county (or even another country), and we are outside of the dates for applying for initial Reception places, or if your child is older, you can contact us directly and we will help you to transfer your child to our school. It’s a relatively easy process and we will give you as much help as we can.